Is there any point to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? If I closed all of them, would anyone notice?
Category Archives: Facebook
All things Facebook
We’re down to this. Facebook links have been deleted, apps uninstalled, and homepages reset to not go to Facebook.
But should I just deactivate the account entirely, or keep it?
I can’t say that I have not seen this happening for a while. My presence on Facebook has been pretty much shut down before today. Just about everything I have on their is only visible to me. I also turned off the search option, so my account is not searchable. If anything, my Facebook friends list has gone down, especially since I have not added anyone in months.
The latest has been my fight with Facebook over how I display my homepage. I prefer to read the most recent items first. Facebook, however, kept changing the list to top stories. I would set it to most recent, and Facebook would change it back.
It ended up being the last straw. I have not deactivated my account… yet. But I have deleted links and apps. At least most of them. It seems I cannot delete the Facebook app off my Android phone.
I might someday return to Facebook, though, I think that at this point, if I return, it will be to finally deactivate my account.
- How to: Permanently Delete Your Facebook (askanerdynole.wordpress.com)
- Your phone number can be harvested and associated with account info on Facebook (yro.slashdot.org)
- Facebook lets you harvest account phone numbers (sott.net)
- What Facebook’s New Graph Search Means For Your Privacy (mashable.com)
Can someone please explain to me the purpose of the Facebook poke?
A few weeks ago, I posted a list of the bonuses in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance. Since then, I have found a few new ones. This list is nowhere near complete, so if you stumbled across one, let me know and I’ll throw it on the list.
I’m working on assembling (pardon the pun) a list of the bonuses in Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
At the moment, I have come across the following:
- Fantastic – Fantastic Four members
- Assemble – Avengers members
- X-Force – X-Men members (revised: it appears this bonus works for all mutants since I received it with a Wolverine/Scarlet Witch combo)
- Asgardians – Thor and Sif
- Tossers – Heroes who throw things
- Sibling Rivalry – Invisible Woman and Human Torch
- Eggheads – Using Genius level heroes (example: Hulk and Mr. Fantastic)
- Defenders – Members of the Defenders super-team (example: Hulk and Doctor Strange)
- Quartermaster – Using a lot of items in a battle
Players, are there any others that you have stumbled across while gaming?
Is there a complete list of the bonus combinations available in Avengers Alliance? I have run across Green Giants (Hulk/She-Hulk), tossers (which sounds bad, but is just characters who throw things), X-Force (X-Men characters) and one other who’s name I’m blanking on.