5 Blog Plan B’s
Here’s the scenario. You have an idea for a blog post. After setting everything up, you set the schedule for Wednesday. Over the course of that day, you get an idea for something a bit better. So you write up the new idea and schedule it to be the new Wednesday post. And since you did all that work on the previous post, you reschedule it for Friday since you have your usual weekly post for Thursday.
Everything seems to be going okay, until you look Wednesday and find out that your reschedule did not take and you have now posted two posts on Wednesday. Worse still, you now have nothing for Friday.
What to do?
- Post a Quote – Quotes are quick and dirty means of getting a post up quickly, thus keeping with your post a day plan.
- Post an Aside Explaining What Happened? – Also a quick entry, though it does make you look like a bit of an idiot.
- Post A Repeat – Hey, it works for television shows, why not post one of your best entries from the past? Or, post one that did not get a lot of views the first time around.
- Skip The Post – I know you. You want to post something every day. You have to post something every day. To skip a day would be horrible to you. Heck, you even posted during the blizzard of 2013 when all you had was your cell phone for an internet connection.
- Post a List of 5 Alternatives Blog Entries – Yeah, that’s right, guess which one I went with tonight.
Don’t forget to have fun with your blog. And don’t get too far ahead of yourself.
- Wordle Wednesdays: Back By Popular Demand (kirawoodsbury.com)
- New Blogging Schedule! (booksandotherloves.wordpress.com)
- Should You Start Blogging for Lead Generation (business2community.com)
- Back To Blogging, Just Not Here… Yet (erickouns.com)
- Blogging and Social Media: What To Blog About (aswediscovermultimedia.wordpress.com)
- A Plan To Blog (companyscomin.wordpress.com)