5 Movies I’ll Probably Pass On This Summer
Just as there are those movies that you desperately want to watch, there are those movies that just make you say, “Eh, I’ll pass.”
These five movies are the ones I’ll pass on this summer.
- Fast and Furious 6 – I have not seen the first five movies, which in most cases would be a detriment, but since the whole plot of these movies seem to be people driving fast, I’ll just watch the Indianapolis 500 instead.
- After Earth – Normally, I would be all for seeing a sci-fi flick, but there is something about the trailers that just left me saying… meh.
- World War Z – I am actually on the edge about this one. Working against it is that I can’t see any way of effectively capturing Max Brooks’ original novel (one of the few zombie novels I actually recommend). Add into that the stories of the reshoots and rewrites, and it does not seem to bode well for this movie. However, I have heard some good early buzz about World War Z which makes me think I might possibly see it… if I was not paying for the ticket.
- White House Down – I had no desire to see this movie when it was called Olympus Has Fallen, I certainly don’t want to see it starring Duke from G.I. Joe and Ray Charles.
- We’re The Millers – Granted, the male chauvinist in me is intrigued by a movie where Jennifer Aniston plays a stripper. But, having seen the trailer for this… movie, I am less inclined to actually choose to see it in a theater.
Posted on May 24, 2013, in Lists, Media, Movies, Personal, The Fives and tagged After Earth, Fast and Furious 6, lists, media, movies, Olympus Has Fallen, personal, the fives, We're the Millers, World War Z. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.