5 Movies I’m Looking Forward To This Summer
With Iron Man 3 (seen it) and Star Trek Into Darkness (not seen it yet), we enter the summer movie season. Naturally, there are a bunch of movies that I want to see this summer. Whether or not I get the chance is all of to time.
Here are five that I am looking forward to seeing.
- Pacific Rim – I have to admit that I am a fan of Godzilla movies, as if anyone who has read my block has not figured out. Naturally, a movie about Giant Robots fighting giant monsters is screaming for Godzilla fans to see it. Factor in that Guillermo del Toro (Blade II, Pan’s Labyrinth) is directing this movie, it is sure to be pretty damn cool
- Man of Steel – Superman movies have been hit or miss with me. Superman was cool, so was Superman 2, but others in the series (and the reboot), not so much. Still, there is something about the last son of Krypton that makes me want to see this movie.
- The Wolverine – Okay, let’s face it, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a mistake, a BIG mistake. But, this movie looks to correct that by moving forward and not back (which, if you ask me, is rarely ever done well). Work in Logan’s Japanese mythos and we just may have a movie that will make us forget that other one… whatever it was called.
- The Lone Ranger – This is a movie that can go either way. But, I’m always up for a decent Western. And maybe a decent version of The Lone Ranger may pave the way for a less stupid version of The Green Hornet (not just because they are both radio shows, but because the Green Hornet was the grand-nephew of the Lone Ranger)
- Now You See Me – This is the unusual pick for me, since it is not technically a genre film, but I am intrigued by the trailer and the concept. It will be interesting to see how this magician based caper movie fares against the other summer blockbusters.
- Summer 2013 Movies – Which Film is Your Most Anticipated? (screenrant.com)
- Summer movies highlights 2013 (boston.com)