5 Soda Flavors I Miss
Some time ago, more years than I care to remember, I decided that I would try to get into shape. That… didn’t take. But, in that process, I did make a decision that has stuck to me even today. I had decided to eliminate sodas from my diet. Not just the usual delicious normal sodas, but even the icky aftertaste diet ones too. Since I made that decision, I have not had any sort of fizzy drink.
Still, there are some flavors that I do miss.
- Coca-Cola – This is the only cola that I would drink. If a restaurant had Pepsi, I would drink something else. Only Coke was good enough for me.
- Ginger Ale – I liked ginger ale, especially when I had a sore throat and I drank it to soothe it.
- Root Beer – I was a particular fan of A&W, but I would drink Hires in a pinch. Root beer floats are the one thing I really miss since dropping sodas.
- Orange Soda– Sunkist was my particular favorite, but most orange sodas were a worthy substitute for a root beer float. With vanilla ice cream, it was like drinking a Creamsicle.
- Sprite – I often preferred Sprite to 7-Up, though now I really don’t remember why since I would drink either. I even had a set of those “Un-Cola” glasses 7-Up released way back when. I think that the Sprite preference came from Sprite Remix, where they would mix Sprite with different fruit flavors. I liked them because they were a welcome change to Sprite.
Posted on March 6, 2013, in Lists, Personal, The Fives and tagged Coca-Cola, Ginger Ale, lists, orange soda, personal, Root beer, soda, Soft drink, Sprite, the fives. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.