5 Songs That Always Stop Me Flipping
For a while now, I have been spoiled. My current car, though not great in the snow, does have one feature that my Jeep did not have: satellite radio. Even with connections for iPods, I will still find myself listening to the radio, and flipping a lot. I will cycle through my programmed stations searching for something to listen to. But there are also a few songs that will get me to stop flipping. A couple of them will even make me turn my car into a rolling karaoke club.
- Layla – I featured this in my Saturday Songs section. Let’s face it, Clapton is just awesome.
- Poison Arrow – Admittedly, ABC will probably not have the eternal staying power that Clapton has, but there is something about this song that just makes me stop and, at times, even start singing along.
- Wheel in the Sky – A classic from Journey, this has often made me hang on a channel until the end of the song.
- The Shadow – An unusual selection, but one that makes sense when you think of the channel range on Sirius Satellite Radio. One of those channels plays classic radio shows, something that I am a major fan of (fun fact: my college senior thesis was an original radio drama in the vein of The Shadow and The Green Hornet). Whenever I hear The Shadow on the radio, I will stop, even if it is mid-show.
- Jessie’s Girl – Another sing along hit from the 1980s. I have been caught singing this Rick Springfield hit many times in my car.
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio (sourcewatch.org)
- Satellite Radio, To Go – In Gear Online (automobilemag.com)