100 Books in 366 Days – Update
First off, it turns out that Goodreads.com actually is running something similar which they called the 2012 Reading Challenge. The website will keep track of pages read, books read, and even offer widgets. The only drawback is that it does count the graphic novels that I read (which I personally decided that I was not going to include). However, the 2012 Reading Challenge is flexible, allowing me to change the book limit to account for the graphic novels I have read. Currently, my challenge limit is at 109 books.
As for my personal challenge, I have managed to finish 6 books since the start of the year. The complete list is as follows:
- Supergods: What Masked Vigilantes, Miraculous Mutants, and a Sun God from Smallville Can Teach Us About Being Human by Grant Morrison
- Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter by Josh Gates
- Geek Wisdom: The Sacred Teachings of Nerd Culture edited by Stephen H. Segal
- It Was Over When…: Tales of Romantic Dead Ends by Robert Elder
- The Monster Hunters’ Survival Guide by John Paul Russ
- Doctor Who: Dead of Winter by James Goss
Naturally, I will keep forging on with my endeavor, and keep you updated along the way.