I’ve been thinking of rewriting the comic scripts that I wrote years ago, the script that became the basis for one of my NaNoWriMo novels.
First, I still been to remember that I have no drawing talent at all.
Secondly, I need to consider whether or not I want to include parts of the NaNoWriMo novel in the scripts, which would undoubtedly turn the five scripts (each script being one issue) into significantly more scripts.
Hostess in Pop Culture
- Ghostbusters – Egon uses a Twinkie to represent the normal psychokinetic activity in New York. On that particular day, that Twinkie would be “twenty-five feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds.”
- Comic Book Ads – Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Hostess products not only provided America with a sugary dessert treat, but also helped some of comicdom’s famous heroes fight crime.
- Family Guy – After Y2K destroyed civilization as we know it, Peter Griffin leads his family on a quest… a Twinkie Factory in Natick. It is around this factory that Peter builds a new civilization.
- Zombieland – Tallahassee (played by Woody Harrelson) wants only one thing in this zombie apocalypse… a Twinkie.
- King of the Hill – Bobby Hill’s favorite dessert… fruit pies. He even uses them as a further enticement to get his father to go to the Megalomart to look for a part for his truck.
- Bye-Bye, Twinkies: Hostess Is Closing (aegisnewsagency.wordpress.com)
- Hostess Closing? What the hell I need my Twinkies! (outsideperception.wordpress.com)
- Bye-Bye, Twinkies: Hostess Is Closing (newser.com)
- As Hostess shuts down, the Twinkie hoarding begins (fox6now.com)
- Hostess Brands Closes (wibw.com)
- Hostess: The supervillains have triumphed (macleans.ca)