5 TV Shows I’m Waiting To Watch
Thanks to a night schedule, and a lack of a functioning VCR or a DVR, I don’t get to watch a lot of nighttime television. A lot of what I do get to see is usually either on sites like Hulu, or caught during a lunch break at work. Still, there are a few shows that I am waiting to see… once they premiere.
- Grimm (NBC) – I watched the first episode of this series on a whim, figuring it was the alternate to Once Upon A Time. How wrong I was. The whole concept of a modern cop discovering that he is a part of a long line of monster hunters was so good. Factor in some of the twists and turns, and I was hooked… at least as long as I could keep track of the show (stupid winter break). Needless to say, I have picked up the DVD set for the first season and am working my way through the rest of the season before the fall premiere.
- Fringe (Fox) – The last season of Fringe pulled me in so hard that I did not even mind that the new episodes were not available on Hulu until a week and a day after the network debut. And while I anticipated a possible cancellation (Fox’s Friday 9pm time slot is a notorious show killer), I am glad that Fox saw fit to bring it back for a half season so that it can finish off the story properly.
- Big Bang Theory (CBS) – The one recent sitcom that has always made me laugh, even in reruns. Sheldon is just hilarious.
- CSI (CBS) – CSI and I have a bit of a history. I got into CSI after it had debuted on CBS, oddly enough through a computer game. Since, I have watched all of the Grissom seasons. CSI fell out of favor with me when Laurence Fishburne came on as Langstrom. Something about his character just did not click with me. When I heard that he was leaving and Ted Danson was coming in, I took a chance and watched the season premiere. And I’m glad I did. Danson’s D.B. Russell was just the right bit of quirky, not too much to make me really miss Grissom, but not too little for me to think that I still did not care.
- Doctor Who (BBC America) – Shifting from a spring to a fall premiere, the latest series of Doctor Who promises a lot, from the exit of the Ponds to the introduction of new companion Clara (played by Jenna Louise Coleman). Doctor Who is the only series that I am willing to purchase on iTunes to keep up with (my cable system did not offer BBC America for the longest time).
Posted on August 15, 2012, in Lists, Media, Personal, Television, The Fives and tagged BBC America, Big Bang Theory, CBS, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Doctor Who, fox, Fringe, Grimm, lists, media, NBC, personal, television, the fives. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.