5 Computer Games I Still Enjoy Playing
I don’t have a Playstation 3, or an X-Box 360. Heck, the last game system I bought was a Playstation 2, and that was in its twilight years. For the most part, most games I play are on my computer, whichever is the most up to date one I have. At the moment, that’s a Toshiba laptop that has become, in regards for gaming, functionally obsolete. But that’s okay, since most of the games I still like to play are available for this computer, and are still played often.
- World of Warcraft – I don’t think there is anyone in the world who does not know this game. WoW satisfies my desire to play a fantasy based game, like Dungeons and Dragons. And if I get bored with the character I’m playing, I can always create a new character of a different race and class. Though, for the record, I really tend to lean toward the hunters more than any other class.
- City of Heroes – Like World of Warcraft, City of Heroes is an MMORPG, though set in a superhero world. While some of the missions can get repetitive, I really like the character creation aspect, almost to the point of becoming addicted to creating alternate characters. In addition, CoH will run seasonal events which will pull me back in when I might have gotten bored.
- Civilization IV – I have been hooked on this strategy game for quite some time. I really enjoy the who idea of guiding a culture from nothing to greatness. My favorite strategy is to run for the cultural victory, though I have needed to declare war every once in a while.
- Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 – I group these two games together because they are, for the most part, the same game. While I tend to be lukewarm to zombie stories, I have taken to these two games. I am not sure if it is the cooperation (even when playing solo), or if it is just the thrill of getting everyone out, just I just love playing both.
- Lego Star Wars – I dare anyone to play any of the Lego games and not have fun. I will still throw in the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga and play through a few levels just for fun, though I prefer the levels that are based on the original trilogy. I had that version for Playstation and actually completed it. In spite of that, I still picked up the PC version so that I can play all the levels together.
Posted on August 10, 2012, in Lists, Media, Personal, The Fives, Video Games and tagged City of Heroes, Civilization 4, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, lists, media, personal, the fives, video games, World of Warcraft. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.