100 Books in 366 Days
I have decided to try and finish reading at least 100 books this year. I specify finish because I there are a few I started reading last year that I will undoubtedly finish this year (barring any problems – like the books becoming corner books).
The criteria that I have set for myself are as follows:
- I must finish the book during the calendar year 2012. Thus, books that I started last year will qualify if I finish reading them this year. (Which is why The Court of the Air and A Game of Thrones still qualify)
- Graphic novels do NOT qualify. I have been known to breeze through these rather fast and, when really bored, can breeze through two or three a night.
- The book does not qualify if I have completely read it before. Thus my fifth (or sixth, I lost count) reading of Phantom of the Opera will not count.
- The one caveat to rule 3 – If I restart a book this year from a previous attempt to read it, it will count if I finish the book this year. I put this in because there are a number of books I started and stopped reading and would have to begin again to be able to understand what is going on (Fellowship of the Ring and Children of Dune being the most notable).
- The other one caveat to rule 3 – any book that I read more than 20 years ago can qualify (this is because while I have been using Goodreads.com to keep track of my reading, I have only been using it for a short time and do not have a full record of everything I read).
- If I book is so bad that I cannot finish it, it will be classified a corner book (as in the book is so bad that I have thrown it into a corner and refuse to read more), and will not count as a completed book.
Currently, I have completed two books this year.
- Supergods by Grant Morrison
- Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter by Josh Gates
Anyone who is interested in what I have read, what I am reading, and what I would like to plan on reading can check out my profile on Goodreads. I am also open to any suggestions that you may have for me to read (that I don’t have on my to-read list already, and isn’t Hunger Games, which I will probably read at some point anyway).
- The 366-day challenge (housefullofbookworms.com)
- Goodreads (nodamnblog.wordpress.com)
- Project 366 Day 6 – Bob Ong (rodjtulang.wordpress.com)
- Goodreads Launches Netflix-Style Book Recommendations [News] (makeuseof.com)